Top 5 Must Do's At Magic Kingdom

by - 7:00 AM


Here are my Top 5, plus an honourable mention because it's Magic Kingdom, must do's when I go to Magic Kingdom. This includes rides, attractions and entertainment. 

Honourable Mention
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theatre


Nothing complete's your visit to Disney than meeting the #1 mouse himself, Mickey Mouse! And even better, he talks! It's a great experience and I've always had a good amount of time with Mickey, he even cracks some good ole dad jokes. This is my favourite character experience and if you could only meet one character, make it talking Mickey in Town Square - you won't regret it.

#5
The Dapper Dans


The Dapper Dans are a barbershop quartet that have been performing in Disney parks since 1959 at Disneyland California. And since the opening of Magic Kingdom in 1971. It may seem un-Disney to some people, but these guys are amazing. Of course they have amazing voices, but they are funny and so entertaining. Seriously, please check them out if you never have. You can find them on Main Street throughout the day - check the entertainment guide.

#4
Splash Mountain


You can't go to Magic Kingdom without riding one of the 'mountain' rides. You have 3 - Space Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad Mountain and finally my favourite, Splash Mountain. If I could only ride one mountain, this is it. I've always been a massive fan of log flume rides and this one is my all time favourite. Plus, who can resist singing along to Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah?

#3
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train



As I've said previously, I can not put into words my love for this ride. It is the smoothest coaster I have ever been on and once again I'm a sucker for a good sing-a-long, and I seriously belt out Heigh-Ho during the mine scene. This has to be on your list, and YOU WILL need a fastpass. This ride gets massive queues, so either grab a fastpass or jump on during extra magic hours if you are staying on property. Tip - I think the back is better than the front.

#2
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover


This ride is everything. It made my Top 5 rides in all of Walt Disney World, hell it was number 2. As I've said before - it's my go to ride when I don't know what to do, when I want to sit down, when I want to get out of the sun, when I want to relax, when I want to people watch and when I just damn well want to ride it.

No fast pass required for this ride, it barely has a queue, actually I've never waited in a queue for this ride - but that doesn't mean it doesn't get queues! Some people might find it weird that this in my list, but true Disney fans appreciate it's value and beauty.

#1
Night time Fireworks (Previously Wishes, now Happily Ever After)


If I only had one hour to spend in the parks, it will be when the fireworks are on at Magic Kingdom. I've only ever seen Wishes, though I can't wait to see Happily Ever After in Sept/Oct this year. But the fireworks just make me feel happy, sad, amazed and excited all within 20 or so minutes.

Disney know how to put on a show, and this is one you cannot miss. My absolute favourite part is singing along to all the Disney classics you know and love as the fireworks explode in the sky - oh and I love how Tinkerbell flies across the sky. 

For this, the best place to stand is in front of Cinderella's Castle and down Main Street. You may need to get there an hour or so early to get a good spot, but it's worth it!


And there you go. My top 5 must do's at Magic Kingdom. Make sure to check out the video below, my sister joined in and listed her top 5 too - and yes, our lists were different. Drop a comment below and let me know your top 5 or at least your number 1.




Love, Ali

You May Also Like

0 comments