Top 5 Walt Disney World Rides

by - 12:00 PM


Walt Disney World has about 50 rides (rough estimate) and these are my top 5 that I must do when I visit.

Honourable Mention
Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom


There is something about the Haunted Mansion and I just love it. It would have made my top 5 but then I remembered I didn't add a 'mountain' so instead it got pushed back to an Honourable Mention.

I love the queue, reading all the gravestones is so much fun and I think I may love the room you enter before the actual ride, better than the ride. Weird I know but Disney fans will get me. But I also love the ballroom scene, oh and the creepy bride at the end, she's pretty cool. I've never been to Magic Kingdom and not gone on this ride and I feel like if I didn't go on it I'd be very disappointed.

Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it your imagination, hmm?

#5
Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom


I would've felt weird not including a 'mountain' in this list and Splash Mountain is by far my favourite. I'm a big fan of water rides and how could you not love singing along to Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah?

So although it's number 5, it's my number 1 mountain at Walt Disney World.

#4
Spaceship Earth at EPCOT


The only ride from EPCOT to make my list. I love how it takes you back to the past and it really makes you sit there and think 'wow, look how far as a planet we have come.' 

I love the part in the ride when it's all dark and you're looking at the stars/planets. Not going to lie, it's also fun answering the questions and seeing what your future will be like. It's also really neat at the end, when you're off the ride, how your picture moves to where you live in the world. I love seeing it fly over to Australia and feeling like I contributed to the globe full of little dots.

#3
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom


I'm not even sure I can put into words my love for this ride. I rode it 8 times on my last trip. I loved swinging the carriage (when the others were okay with it), love it's smoothness and LOVED belting out the song in the mine scene. I literally didn't care who was around me, I would just scream it from the top of my lungs.

Such a fun ride, and a great smooth coaster - if only it went for longer, oh and it didn't have massive wait times. Guys, get a fast pass for this one or ride it on repeat during extra magic hours like I did. ALSO tip, we loved the back better than the front.

#2
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover


I know, not the most thrilling ride, but this is my favourite ride at Magic Kingdom. Don't know what you want to do? Ride the PeopleMover. Want to get out of the sun? Ride the PeopleMover. Want to sit down? Ride the PeopleMover. It's raining? Ride the PeopleMover.

Seriously, just ride the damn PeopleMover. It's relaxing and takes you through Space Mountain, hell you might be lucky enough like I was and go through when the ride broke and the lights turned on - best. moment. ever.

It also boasts great views of the castle and is great for people watching. There are usually no lines, and it's just a nice easy ride.

#1
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios


BEST. RIDE. EVER!

If they ever change this ride or get rid of it, I will cry...for days. 

The theming is spot on, the staff get so into it and I love feeling terrified and yet laughing my head off at the same time.

Words cannot describe my love for this ride.


And there you go! My top 5 must do rides when I go to Walt Disney World.

Check out my video below, my sister joined in and listed her top 5. Also don't forget to let me know in the comments below what your top 5 would be or at least your #1.


Love, Ali

You May Also Like

0 comments