D23 Expo Disney+ Announcements

by - 5:00 PM


Hello blog, it's me! I haven't blogged in awhile but with D23 on this weekend and all these amazing announcements happening there is no better time to come back.

Firstly let's start with the major news for Australians that dropped earlier in the week. Australia is getting Disney+ a week after the US! Yep, November 19 us Aussie's will be able to log into our Disney+ accounts and let the binge begin - and oh man what a binge it will be.

Disney+ held their panel at the D23 Expo today (well yesterday for me, I live in the future here in Australia) and there were a lot of announcements. Strap yourselves in guys, we got some stuff to watch.

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series


I remember hearing about this ages ago and I thought, wow that sounds lame. But oh man if this trailer is anything to live by it looks like Glee but done by Disney and let's us relive all those High School Musical vibes.

Phineas and Ferb The Movie - Candace Against the Universe


Okay this is what I'm least excited for, but hey you gotta have something for the kids right?

New Lizzie McGuire series!

Yes, you heard that right. A brand new Lizzie McGuire series AND Hilary Duff is back! This show takes me straight back to my childhood and you can guarantee I'll be watching it. 

Forky asks a Questions


I'm still yet to see Toy Story 4... So I've yet to meet Forky myself but people who attended the panel said it was surprisingly hilarious. This will be a collection of Disney Pixar shorts featuring Forky.

Monsters at Work



This follows on from the Monsters Inc Movie and is a series about the workers at Monsters Inc! I've loved everything so far in the Monsters Inc universe so I'm sure I'll enjoy this too.

Ms Marvel + Moon Knight + She-Hulk - New Marvel Series

All Marvel original series! I'm not going to pretend like I know all these Marvel characters but I'm still hyped to see how they are entwined with phase four of the MCU.

The World According to Jeff Goldblum



I didn't know I needed this in my life, but I think I do. Jeff Goldblum leads each episode of this series by examining a familiar thing we all love.

Encore


Another surprise show I wasn't expecting and actually love the idea of! Kristen Bell is producing Encore that gives people a chance to relive their glory moments in theatre for the first time since they were young.

Lady and the Tramp



We all knew a Lady and the Tramp live action was coming, but they released the trailer so I'm including it because the dogs look so cute. I admit I'm not a fan of the cartoon Lady and the Tramp, but this looks good!


Noelle


This looks so good! I love Christmas movies and Anna Kendrick is just amazing so no doubt this will be a good Christmas movie edition.

Muppets Now

The Muppets are also coming to Disney+! In 2020 you can expect a new short-form unscripted series. 

New season of The Clone Wars

Once again, something I've never watched - though I've heard it's good! Fans will be pleased to know there is a new season coming.

Cassian Andor/K-2SO Series

Not much was said about this, but I loved these two in Rogue One so I'm here for it.

The Mandalorian


I'm not going to pretend like I know Star Wars, I'm not the world's biggest fan and I've mainly just watched the movies. You can probably shame me because I don't know who or what a Mandalorian is, but did I get excited by this trailer? Yes I did. Will I watch this? Hell yes.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Series

Ewan McGregor is returning as Obi-Wan!! And it's a whole dang series! I think this is going to be one of my most anticipated series. I love Obi-Wan in Star Wars and I can't wait to see where this goes.


Can you believe this is only just the beginning?! Like seriously guys Disney+ is only going to get better! Take note from November 19 I'm unavailable, I'll be busy binging.



Let me know in the comments what are you looking forward to the most?

Love, Ali

You May Also Like

0 comments