The Year That Was 2017

by - 5:00 PM


2017 - what a year. 
It was a pretty fabulous year and looking back probably one of my favourites. So let's take a look back at the year that was 2017.

Travel
I was very fortunate during 2017 to do a lot of travelling. Not only did I go back to my happy place - Disney World in Orlando Florida and a Disney Cruise to the Caribbean, but I also got to travel around Europe with my 3 best friends from high school.

Countries I visited:
  • America
  • Austria
  • Bahamas
  • Cayman Islands
  • Czech Republic
  • England
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hungary
  • Italy
  • Jamaica
  • Mexico
  • Netherlands
  • Poland
  • Switzerland
  • Vatican City
Just looking at this list I can't believe I did all this, but I'm so glad I saved my money and did. I love travelling and couldn't imagine not having a year that doesn't involve me going somewhere.

A permanent full time job
2017 was the year I finally secured myself a permanent full time job. No more short contracts, no more wondering if I should start looking for another job out of fear I wouldn't be extended. It's like the biggest weight was lifted from my shoulders when I finally signed that contract.

YouTube growth
I never give myself a number to work towards, or look at how many views my videos get, but I was pretty damn happy my channel had over 550 subscribers by the end of 2017. I just still can't believe that so many people actually want to subscribe to me. 

So thank you to everyone who has subscribed or even watched just one of my videos. There are so many wonderful people to watch on YouTube and the fact that people choose to watch me is amazing and I thank you very very muchly.

I saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Literally this play was the reason I travelled to Europe. My friend booked these tickets in 2016 and then said why don't you come with me. This then turned into a 5 week trip around Europe but regardless, this play was the reason I went and holy gosh I'm so glad I did.

This play made me laugh, cry and just took my breath away. 

____________________

I'm sure I've missed some things because let's be honest I have a terrible memory. There are things I wish that could've happened in 2017, but really it was a pretty unbeatable year. Sorry 2018, you have a lot to live up too.


Love, Ali

You May Also Like

0 comments