The Year That Was 2018

by - 5:00 PM


Nothing like a new year starting to make you realise you haven't done much in a year and it went by super fast. 2018 had some big shoes to fill, especially after my epic amount of travelling in 2017 and I knew it'd never match up. But, it's good to reflect and look back on the year that was 2018.

Travel

Sure I didn't travel as much in 2018 as I did in 2017, but I still managed to tick another country off the list. In 2018 I was fortunate enough to travel to Papua New Guinea. Naturally we went by cruise ship, because in my family it's the only way to travel. It was a lovely relaxing week off surrounded by family,  blue water and sunny skies.

I also went back to Disney World, because I'm happy to admit I have an addiction and would happily go there every six months. For me it's the ultimate holiday. Once you step foot in Disney you just know everything will be fine and I love that feeling.

Family

I'm happy to say my family became bigger in 2018. No, I didn't have a kid but my brother did. So I became an Aunty again! It's always nice when the family gets bigger.


And not much else happened in 2018. It was actually a quiet year. I feel like I didn't achieve much in many aspects. I didn't lose as much weight as I wanted, I didn't read 10 books like I wanted too, my YouTube channel didn't grow that much (I was hoping to make it over 1000 subscribers), I didn't stick to my blogging schedule, I still live with my parents (although that's how I afford to travel so much) and I didn't weekend vlog like I planned.

There are probably plenty more things I didn't achieve, even though I wanted too, but oh well. So with this new year I can only look forward and hope I can tick off more goals in 2019.


So I'd like to know, what did you love in 2018? Leave me a comment below!

Love, Ali

You May Also Like

0 comments