Europe 2017/2018: A Photo Diary

by - 5:00 PM

So in case you didn't know I travelled around Europe for five weeks with my three best friends from highschool. I vlogged the entire trip (well attempted to) and vlogs will be coming later this year.

Before my full post about the trip comes out I thought I'd put together a quick photo diary. So, enjoy!

Day 1 - Travel Day!
London bound = 3 flights, 23 hours of flying and not much sleep.



Day 2 - We made it.
Even though we all had little to no sleep, we couldn't help but do a little exploring as soon as we got to London.




Day 3 - Buckingham Palace, the Queen was in today.
You can't not go to London for the first time and not act like total tourists, so of course Buckingham Palace was on the to do list.



Day 4 - Harry Potter Studio
It may have come 14 years late but I finally got my letter and I'm off to Hogwarts ;)




Day 5 - Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
This play is the whole reason I planned this trip to Europe and it was freaking amazing. No words can describe what I watched. I laughed and I cried and I loved every moment.




Day 6 - Beginning of TopDeck
And just like that, my 24 day Winter Spirit TopDeck tour had begun. First stop - Paris.




Day 7 - View from the Eiffel Tower
It was cold, but the view was worth it.




Day 8 - No photo

Day 9 - Switzerland, I love you
Switzerland is absolutely stunning and is a place I need to visit again, maybe next time in Summer to see beautiful green hills.




Day 10 - I went full tourist in Pisa
I said to myself, 'Ali don't be one of those stupid tourists who take the typical tourist shot at the Leaning Tower of Pisa' and then I got there and became one of those tourists When in Rome as they say, or at least When in Pisa. 




Day 11 - Florence, Italy
I walked to the top of the tower and the dome of the Florence Cathedral, that's around 900 stairs and yes I almost died, but the view was worth it.




Day 12 - Hello Rome
The Romans were one of my favourite ancient civilizations so of course I was thrilled to finally get to Rome.




Day 13 - Exploring Rome
Ticked off a big bucket list item today - visiting the Colosseum.




Day 14 - No photo


Day 15 - Venice, Italy
Venice is such a picturesque city and I couldn't not go on a Gondola ride - can you actually say you've been to Venice if you haven't gone on a Gondola?



Day 16 - Salzburg, Austria
The hills are alive with the Sound of Music, yes that is pretty much all I associate Salzburg with - haha.




Day 17 - Hohensalzburg Castle
I can see why they built a castle here, the views are mind-blowing and absolutely stunning.




Day 18 - Quick stopover in Vienna
We spent one night in Vienna where we visited Schonbrunn Castle and I was being very cultured off to watch the Opera and an Orchestra.




Day 19 - Budapest, Hungary
I don't know what I was expecting in Budapest, but it certainly wasn't this - it quickly became one of my favourite cities.





Day 20 - Szechenyi Baths
A relaxing day at the baths. Although I would've liked to see more in Budapest (oops I'll just have to go back) it was nice to spend a day relaxing.



Day 21 - No photo

Day 22 - Krakow, Poland
Visited the local salt mine in Krakow, this place is absolutely massive!




Day 23 - Prague for Christmas
Finally arrived in Prague for Christmas and spent Christmas Eve exploring the streets which were so alive with activity.





Day 24 - Merry Christmas from Prague
Spent the entire day exploring the sights of Prague, another beautiful city I need to go back to one day.





Day 25 - Dresden, Germany
We had a quick stopover in Dresden on the way to Berlin.



Day 26 - The Berlin wall
A small section of the Berlin Wall still left standing, it's so crazy to think east and west were segregated for so long.





Day 27 - No photo

Day 28 - Amsterdam, Netherlands
So the trip to Amsterdam was disastrous, I was then so sick I couldn't speak and it put a dampener on my time here. I still enjoyed walking the streets and seeing the Anne Frank house, even If I was only outside for a couple of hours before heading back to bed.





Day 29 - No photo

Day 30 - London for New Years Eve
Another bucket list item ticked off the list. Being in London on New Years Eve was amazing - the vibe, the atmosphere, the random people we met and became friends with and the fireworks, I'd recommend everyone to spend a New Years Eve in London.




Day 31 - Disneyland
With our TopDeck tour over and staying in London for NYE I had one more stop on my list - Disneyland Paris! Apparently the only photo I took on my travel day was of my food at Rainforest Cafe.





Day 32 - Disneyland Paris
I can tick another Disney Park off my list. I was so happy to be in my happy place - starting my new year off the right way, at Disney.




Day 33 - The Hollywood Tower Hotel
If you know me, you know I'm finding Tower of Terror at a Disney park and riding it as much as I can. Love this ride! Though this version isn't as good as the Disney World one.




Day 34 - Disney at Christmas
Not only did I tick Disneyland Paris off my list, I also got to tick off being at a Disney Park while it was decorated for Christmas.




Day 35 - Goodbye
And just like that my 5 week long adventure to Europe was over. I got to witness this beautiful sunset from my room on my final night in France.






And there you go, a quick photo diary of my adventure. Expect a full blog post coming soon. Also, let me know in the comments below what your favourite city in Europe is, I'd love to see peoples opinions!


Love, Ali

You May Also Like

0 comments