Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask by The Body Shop | First Impression

by - 6:00 PM


I've never purchased anything from The Body Shop before, and not because I have anything against the shop I've just truly never ventured into one of their shops before. But while I was out with some friends one of them wanted to stop by the shop to see if they had a particular product that they had purchased before. So here I found myself for the first time in a Body Shop store.

I've been meaning to buy a face mask product for ages now, since my samples from all my beauty boxes are finally running out and as I'm trying to make it a weekly routine to do a mask. So since I was there, I thought I'd check out the range they had.

I was immediately drawn to the Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask, why? Mainly because the samples I had from my beauty boxes I realised that I really liked how my skin felt after using Charcoal masks. I did the thing any person does, I smelt it first...and it smelt really good. So I bought it. The product cost $39.95 AUD, and as someone who has never bought a face mask product before I'm not entirely sure if this is an outrageous price, or pretty decent.

The mask claims to leave skin deeply cleansed, detoxified, pores appeared unclogged and refined leaving skin smooth and glowing.

I followed the steps, removed my make up and cleansed my skin. I applied a thin layer all over my face using my finger and avoiding the eye and lip area. Instantly I noticed it did sting a bit, but this sensation didn't last long as the product dried on my face. The mask has green tea leaves in it, so as it dries they look like lumps on your face, but after 15 minutes on and when I begun to wash off the product the leaves were great as I massaged my face because they helped exfoliate my skin.

After drying my face my skin felt instantly smoother and looked visibly clearer, I even thought it reduced some of my redness. I guess you could say my skin did have a glow to it, and hours after while typing this review I'm still touching my face amazed by how it feels. I generally have quite dry skin and lots of redness, but so far I'm extremely happy with this product.

I've only used it once, but I'll continue to use it and see if it really does help clear my skin up. But as long as my skin feels like this weekly, how can I complain?

Let me know below if you've tried any Body Shop masks before and what you thought! I'd love to know.

Love, Ali

You May Also Like

0 comments