Top 5 Table Service Locations at Disney World

by - 10:43 AM



Have I eaten everywhere on Disney property? No. But I have eaten at enough restaurants to create my top 5 Table Service locations at Disney World. In case you're confused by Disney terms, Table Service is a full sit down restaurant where you are served by a waiter and your food is bought out to you - so basically a proper restaurant, I just thought I'd clarify before going any further.

So, here are my top 5 Table Service locations at Disney World.

Honourable Mention
Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

So this is sort of speciality dining as it is just afternoon tea, but it's amazing afternoon tea! Beautiful tea, cute little sandwiches and sweets and an amazing experience. It's so nice to take time out from the parks, visit Disney World's most fancy resort and sit down and relax.

So I added this as an honourable mention because it's sort of a restaurant but sort of not, I don't know it deserved to be here in my opinion. 
Note: This can not be used as a table service credit.




#5
Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria - EPCOT, World Showcase

I'm not a big fan of Italian food but I loved this place and I can easily see how it would appeal to families. The meals are massive and filling, service was great and I really enjoyed the atmosphere - some people might think it's a bit noisy but I didn't find this an issue.

Food was very well priced for what you get and I'd definitely eat there again - the pizza and sorbet was so good!
Note: You can eat here for 1x table service credit.


#4
Sanaa - Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village

Firstly this restaurant is located in such a beautiful resort, get there early and walk around. Go see the animals on the savannah, explore the lobby and just sit in the rocking chairs outside taking it all in.

Now, onto the food. Sanaa is African cooking with Indian flavours - the bread service = AMAZING, the Butter Chicken (my favourite Indian dish) = AMAZING, the whole restaurant is just amazing, even the theme of the restaurant is amazing. 

Okay I know I need a better word than amazing but it just was okay guys and I 100% recommend, especially if you love Indian food - it's a must! TIP: Maybe go here for lunch and get a table by the window, you can watch the animals while you eat.
Note: You can eat here for 1x table service credit.


#3
Teppan Edo - EPCOT, World Showcase

Japanese food with a show, that's what Teppan Edo is. I'd never been to a Teppan-yaki-style restaurant before so I didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly blown away.

Our chef who cooked right in front of us on the grill was hilarious and kept us entertained the entire time. I loved watching the food be cooked right in front of me and then I could eat it straight away, no sitting in the kitchen and waiting for the waiter to pick it up, it comes straight to your plate. 

I ordered Nihonbashi, which was steak and chicken and both meats were so good! The noodles he cooked as well were extremely tasty. You don't feel like you over eat at this restaurant, which can easily happen at many other restaurants on Disney property, so you walk away feeling content and pleased.
Note: You can eat here for 1x table service credit.



#2

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue - The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

Now this isn't something you'd do every trip, but it's great to do it at least once, or for a special occasion. Hoop-Dee-Doo is dinner served family style and a show. The menu is set, you get served everything on the menu and you can ask them to keep bringing as much as you want.

The food is southern American comfort food, corn bread (which we don't get in Australia and I'm obsessed with!), salad, ribs, fried chicken, corn, beans, strawberry shortcake and more - just good hearty food. Also, drinks are included! Yep draft beer, wine and sangria are all included in the price - of course you can get soda/soft drinks, water or juice too.

The show alone is worth the money in my opinion. I've seen it twice now and both times I was in stitches of laughter, I laughed so much my mouth hurt and my stomach hurt. It's rowdy, it's fun and it's great for a sing along.

In case you're wondering, there is audience participation but I honestly believe if you didn't look like you wanted to be part of the show they probably would pick you.  
Note: You can eat here for 2x table service credit.


#1

'Ohana - Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

Well, I used to think why do people talk about this restaurant so much and last year (2017) I finally decided to book it for dinner - and I have no regrets! How had I not eaten here earlier? Why don't I eat here every night? They were the thoughts going through my mind while eating here. 

Firstly, it's located at my favourite resort, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. Secondly, it's my favourite style of food, Asian inspired. And thirdly, if you book at the right time of night you can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks while you eat - yes, they pipe the music through the restaurant.

Much like Hoop-Dee-Doo the food is served family style. It's a set menu and you can ask for as much as you like. You get pineapple coconut bread, salad with passion-fruit dressing (amazing!), dumplings, chicken wings, sweet and sour chicken, shrimp, steak, noodles and for dessert bread and butter pudding! The meat was also served on massive skewers which was cool as well. I couldn't fault any of the food, it had so much flavour, the meat was tender and everything was perfection.

We loved it so much, we booked it twice for dinner for our upcoming trip this year. Yes, you need a reservation! This restaurant gets booked out so make sure you are onto your 180 day mark to book advanced dining reservations.
Note: You can eat here for 1x table service credit.



What are your favourite table service restaurants at Walt Disney World? I'd love to know!




Love, Ali

You May Also Like

0 comments